Liposomal Vitamin C

Getting enough of this vitamin is especially important for maintaining a healthy immune system. It also plays an important role in wound healing, keeping your bones strong and enhancing brain function.

It is also known to enhance iron absorption, protect against heart disease,and decrease total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and triglycerides.

Vitamin C may also lessen the duration and symptoms of a common cold, help delay or prevent cataract, and support healthy immune function

Research indicates that vitamin C may help protect against a variety of cancers by combating free radicals, and helping neutralise the effects of nitrites (preservatives found in some packaged foods that may raise the risk of certain forms of cancer).

Research indicates that vitamin C may help protect against a variety of cancers by combating free radicals, and helping neutralise the effects of nitrites (preservatives found in some packaged foods that may raise the risk of certain forms of cancer).

Deficiency symptoms include fatigue, muscle weakness, joint and muscle aches, bleeding gums, and leg rashes.

Liposomal vitamin C is packaged like a bodily cell so it passes through the digestive barrier and delivers the nutrient directly to the bloodstream. This has a much higher absorption rate with over 90% of the cells being bathed in vitamin C.

Being a soluble vitamin it doesn’t interact particularly efficiently with the cell membrane wall that is made up of fatty acids.  Researchers believe that regular oral vitamin C intake has a 20% absorption rate into the bloodstream with the other 80% accumulating in the colon.  Regular vitamin C intake is also associated with unpleasant digestive complaints such as cramping and diarrhoea because it draws water into the colon.